Abu Dhabi Chamber & Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award & IAOIP is proud to offer the Certification Boot Camp for Certified Professional Innovator. This or the Certified Management of Innovation serve as the foundation for additional IAOIP certifications
The Certified Management of Innovation Certification
The Certified Management of Innovation certification is designed to cover the most essential concepts of innovation management. IAOIP has designed the certification process to assure that members who work their way through the certification process to advanced levels become progressively more advanced in innovation, strategies, tools and techniques. This boot camp will also cover the content of the emerging international standard, ISO 279 - Innovation Management System (for sale in the IAOIP web store). While the exam will not cover the ISO 279 standard, it will be included in the 2020 revision, so will be taught at this time.
Updated content includes the newly released ISO 56000 series (Innovation Management Systems) standards (56002, 56003, and 56004). Although these new standards will not be included in the exam, it is an excellent opportunity to learn about what so many people are talking about.
Managers and executives from all levels are encouraged to obtain other appropriate IAOIP certifications to help them focus on specific areas in more depth and be more directed toward their specific circumstances. https://youtu.be/dxESw_HyhtY
- Individuals who successfully pass the certification exam will become recognized as a Certified Manager Innovation and be listed on the international IAOIP site. All attendees will be given a certificate of completion.
- Certificate will be provided directly by IAOIP – United States of America. The IAOIP is the ONLY innovation certifying body in the world that is compliant with ISO 17024 as a certifying body.
- Certified members are recognized in the certified member group and can directly communicate with others who have obtained certification.
- Successful candidate’s name will be included in SKEA website under section of Innovation Certification.
- This is a boot camp, so it will be specifically focused on assisting you to pass the exam. Early registration is a plus so that the study guide can be delivered and read.
- Successful Candidates will be part of SKEA’s Elite Club of Professional Quality & Innovation Experts.
- IAOIP is currently in the process of becoming the primary organization preparing ISO Lead Auditors for ISO 56001 accreditation. Lead auditors will be required to hold and maintain their IAOIP certification to be eligible to become a lead auditor.
- Anyone registering at least 24 hours before the start of the event will receive a free personal innovation assessment for discussion purposes during the course. This is not generally available to individuals but will be used in helping you identify your own innovation strengths and weaknesses.
During this course, you will learn . . .
- Innovation Strategy
- Innovation Blueprints
- Innovation Culture
- Leading Innovation
- The Creative Corporation and Creating Creativity
- Innovation Education
- Various Standard Tools including creativity tools, social networks, combination methods, etc.
- Journey to Innovation Excellence
OBJECTIVES OF TRAINING
- To provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the innovation manager and/or executive.
- To provide participants with the skills necessary to learn and apply best practices that deliver significant operational and financial benefits from their innovation efforts.
- The CMI certification is designed to demonstrate your knowledge about management principles as they relate to the science of innovation, and your ability to manage any specific innovative effort. This certification will prove that you have learned the practices necessary to promote and complete innovation projects if you start with a broad range of knowledge about the field, its tools, methodologies, and main challenges.
- This CMI is oriented toward someone who would like to advance their career by learning more about the management of innovation through the concepts that should be mastered by anyone wishing to manage an innovation team. The Boot Camp is designed as an intensive multi-day course to the fundamental management concepts and tools necessary for innovation. It is highly recommended that the attendee acquire and study Global Innovation Science Handbook (Available on Amazon). It is also recommended that all attendees purchase and familiarize themselves with the emerging innovation standard available in the IAOIP web store at https://iaoipmember.org/store/ListProducts.aspx?catid=750005. Standards equal 56002, 56003, and 56004.
- Certificates are valid for 3 years and will require continuing education credits to remain current. Certified members who maintain continuing education hours will have their certifications automatically renewed every three years.
DATES AND REGISTRATION FOR THE TRAINING & Exam
Monday the 4th of November to Wednesday the 6th of November, 2019
9.00 am to 3.00 pm,
Location To Be Announced
Thursday the 7th of November, 2019
11.00 am to 3.00 pm
The Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry has arranged special pricing for all participants.
- Members: $600 (USD)
- Associate Members: $800 (USD)
- Non-Members: $1,000 (USD)
Fees inclusive of: training materials, luncheons, refreshments AND one year complimentary individual IAOIP membership if registering as a non-member. The fee of the full-specified amount is required to be received by SKEA Or IAOIP Online or in its bank account after payment of any bank charges or local withholding taxes. ISO standards are not available for free, but attendees are encouraged to obtain a copy before the class. These standards are available on the IAOIP website at https://iaoipmember.org/store/ListProducts.aspx?catid=750005.
There will be reading required before the classes, so please register early so you can review class material before the prep classes begin – Register at least 2 weeks prior to the training date.
Registration will be limited to approximately 30 individuals, so you are highly encouraged to register as soon as possible to assure you have a seat.
Professor Brett Trusko, holds a PhD in Business and Computer Science, and is the Author of six books on innovation. He is a sought-after speaker and writer and is the President and CEO of the International Association of Innovation Professionals as well as a professor at several universities in the United States and India.
Professor is also the Secretariat representing the United States in the emerging ISO 279 (56000 series) - Innovation Management Systems.