The Abu Dhabi Chamber, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award and the IAOIP are proud to offer the certification boot camp for Innovation Tools and Methods. As an extension of the Certified Innovation Professional and Certified Management of Innovation, this course develops your use of innovation tools in greater depth.
THE TOOLS AND METHODS CERTIFICATION
The tools and methods certification is designed to cover the 76 top-rated innovation tools and methods, from the hundreds available, that every innovator must master to be successful. This boot camp is meant to cover and test the creative tools and techniques, decisions, activities and practices that move ideas to realization to generate value.
This is one of the ten exams that need to be passed to become certified at the advanced level.
*** You must have passed the Certified Professional Innovator (CPI) or Certified Management of Innovation (CMI) exam to be eligible for the tools and Methods Exam*** If you have not done so, you will still be offered a Certificate of Completion that you may use after you pass one of the other exams to be recognized as certified.
- Tools and methods are the water of the innovation ecosystem - essential to your innovation program, but not enough to sustain it. This boot camp will cover the most important tools and methods that are essential to your success.
- Attendees will be able to work through the top tools in innovation.
- Attendees will learn which tools to use in which situations.
LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES DURING THE BOOT CAMP
- You will be exposed to, and work with the 76 tools and techniques required to pass the IAOIP certification exam.
- Creativity tools/methodologies that every innovator should master.
- Evolutionary or improvement tools/methodologies that every innovator should master.
- Organizational/operational tools/methodologies that every innovator should master.
OBJECTIVES OF TRAINING
- To provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of all 7 tools included in the certification exam.
- To provide participants wit the skills necessary to evaluate the right tool for any given situation.
- The Tools and Methodologies certification is designed to demonstrate your knowledge of specific tools as they relate to the science of innovation, and you ability to use those tools in specific context. This certification will demonstrate that you have learned the tools that are integral to the innovation projects.
- This CMI/CPI - Tools and Methods is oriented toward someone who would like to advance their career by learning more about the mechanics of innovation through the tools and methods. The Boot Camp is designed as an intensive multi-day course to review tools and methods. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that the attendee acquire and study The Innovation Tools Handbook, volumes 1 through 3, by H. James Harrington and Frank Voehl (available on Amazon).
- Certificates are valid for three years and will require continuing education credits to remain current. Certified members who maintain continuing education hours will have their certifications automatically renewed every three years.
DATES AND REGISTRATION FOR THE TRAINING & EXAM
Monday, February 3rd and Wednesday, February 5th, 16:00 to 21:00
All day on Thursday, February 6th (come at your convenience between 09:00 and 19:00).
The Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry has arranged special pricing for all participants.
- Members: $500 (USD)
- Associate Members: $800 (USD)
- Non-Members: $1,000 (USD)
Fees are inclusive of training materials, luncheons, refreshments AND one year complimentary individual IAOIP membership (extension for existing members). The fee of the specific amount is required to be received by SKEA or IAOIP online or in its bank account after payment of any bank charges or local withholding taxes.
There will be required reading before the calss, so lease register early so that you are able to review class material before the sessions begin. It is recommended that you purchase the required books through Amazon Kindle edition at least two weeks prior to the training date.
Registration will be limited to 30, so you are highly encouraged to register as soon as possible to assure you have a seat.
Taught by Professor Brett Trusko and Harlan Bennet, accompanied by "The Innovation Tools Handbooks (Volumes 1-3)" by H/ James Harrington and Frank Voehl, available on Amazon and published by the IAOIP Tools and Methods committee, the exam is one more step to the master IAOIP Professional certification.
Professor Trusko holds a PhD in Business and Computer Science, and is the author of six books on innovation. He is a sought-after speaker and writer and is the President and CEO of the International Association of Innovation Professionals as well as a professor at several universities in the United States and India. Professor is also the Secretariat representing the United States in ISO 279 (56000 series) - Innovation Management Systems.
The tools you will learn in this class are an essential part of the innovators journey to professionalism.