The Abu Dhabi Chamber, Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Award and the IAOIP are proud to offer the certification boot camp for Design Thinking. As an extension of the Certified Innovation Professional and Certified Management of Innovation, this course develops your use of innovation tools in greater depth.
THE DESIGN THINKING CERTIFICATION
The Design Thinking certification is designed to cover the methods of design thinking being used by some of the most innovative companies in the world. This exam is meant to cover and test the ability of the participants to design and use creative tools and techniques, decisions, activities, and practices that move ideas to realization of business value generation.
This is one of the ten exams that need to be passed to become certified at the advanced level.
*** You must have passed the Certified Professional Innovator (CPI) or Certified Management of Innovation (CMI) exam to be eligible for the tools Design Thinking Exam*** If you have not done so, you will still be offered a Certificate of Completion that you may use after you pass one of the other exams to be recognized as certified.
- Design Thinking is the grand design of innovation - without a well designed and functioning organization, it is difficult to innovate effectively.
- Attendees will be able to work through the top tools and thought process required for design thinking.
- Attendees will learn why design thinking is the critical first step in understanding customers.
LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES DURING THE BOOT CAMP
- You will be exposed to the design thinking techniques required by the IAOIP certification exam.
- Design thinking concepts that every innovator should master.
- Evolutionary or improvement approaches that every innovator should master.
- The global approaches to listening to customer needs, understanding and reacting to customer needs that every innovator should master.
OBJECTIVES OF TRAINING
- To provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of design thinking included in the certification exam.
- To provide participants with the skills necessary to evaluate the best approaches for any given situation.
- The participants of this boot camp will be able to:
- Understand how to analyze and evaluate new technologies, anticipate their evolution, and develop customer centered strategies.
- Learn how to better assess demand opportunities and pursue customer discovery.
- Accelerate innovation in established enterprises.
- Experience applying advanced design thinking techniques to better explore new areas and create compelling vision.
- Distinguish between incremental innovation and radical innovation when creating new solutions ("P" type and "S" type).
- Effectively understand if your customers (internal and external) will be delighted by your products or services.
- Practice how to align the complex network of stakeholders involved in any project.
- Learn techniques for bringing innovation into your organization.
- Gain knowledge for how to build a business over time, develop mutually beneficial partnerships, build platforms, and orchestrate business echosystems to create and capture significant new value.
- This CMI/CPI - Design thinking is oriented toward someone who would like to advance their career by learning more about the approach to innovation through Design Thinking. The Boot Camp is designed as an intensive multi-day course to review Design Thinking. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that the attendee acquire and study guide for the design thinking course (avaiable in the web store).
- Certificates are valid for three years and will require continuing education credits to remain current. Certified members who maintain continuing education hours will have their certifications automatically renewed every three years.
DATES AND REGISTRATION FOR THE TRAINING & EXAM
Sunday, February 2nd and Tuesday, February 4th, 16:00 to 21:00
All day on Thursday, February 6th (come at your convenience between 09:00 and 19:00).
The Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry has arranged special pricing for all participants.
- Members: $500 (USD)
- Associate Members: $600 (USD)
- Non-Members: $800 (USD)
Fees are inclusive of training materials, luncheons, refreshments AND one year complimentary individual IAOIP membership (extension for existing members). The fee of the specific amount is required to be received by SKEA or IAOIP online or in its bank account after payment of any bank charges or local withholding taxes.
Registration will be limited to 30, so you are highly encouraged to register as soon as possible to assure you have a seat.
Professor Trusko holds a PhD in Business and Computer Science, and is the author of six books on innovation. He is a sought-after speaker and writer and is the President and CEO of the International Association of Innovation Professionals as well as a professor at several universities in the United States and India. Professor is also the Secretariat representing the United States in ISO 279 (56000 series) - Innovation Management Systems.
The tools you will learn in this class are an essential part of the innovators journey to professionalism.